Friday, August 20, 2010

Black Dame Update!!!

Hey everyone, just wanted to write a new journal to let everyone know the status of our newest Obsidian Studios title, The Black Dame. Right now, I have one of the covers completed, and drawn by myself for one of the three covers that I will be putting out. Also completed right now, is the first page of the first 10 page story of the Black Dame. The comic will contain two self-contained, yet connecting stories that are 10-12 pages each. I think that this will make it easier for me personally to get the comics out in a timely manner, but also allow me to tell a story in the way I want to, to take my time in doing it, and make it something you will want to come back to.

On September 28th 2010, the first story in the Black Dame comic will be available online as a weekly webcomic that will update every Tuesday. The cover will be released the day before, and then the first page the following day, and every Tuesday thereafter for the next 10 weeks. On Friday, I would like to post a combination of some concept artwork, and fan art if any on the site to keep appetites hungry for more Black Dame. So feel free to do some if you would like. 

The comic book will be in COLOR!!! This is going to be something that I hope excites you all and something that you will be looking forward to. I hope to attract more readers. Right now it seems that the book, and character is resonating with women, and I think that it's a good thing. One thing I would like to do is get your input ladies as to what kind of strong female characters you like, and what you would like to see in a female character that would make her different than most out there. I have done that in certain ways I think with Black Dame. But I think that getting your input will help make her a better character during the creative process of the story, if you all like it enough for me to keep going with it. 

What do I mean when I say, 'if you like it enough'? Well, the fact is, that the webcomic is going to be the gauge to see if you Moonwatchers like it. In the beginning of next year, the comic will be released on a small scale which will have the 1st and 2nd story. And if all goes really well in concerns with plans for the future, I hope to debut the comic publicly at WonderCon 2011. So with that said, I urge you all to please go and spread the word. The artist on the comic is Ian Walker (myself) formerly known as Darkmyster here on DA. To see my other sketch card and original art, check me out at -----> The Art of Ian D.Walker and follow! But most importantly, follow us here as we will be using the site to bring the comic there, and showing more updates! 

Thank you all so much for taking a look and reading Moonwatchers! Hope to hear from you soon!



Ian W.

No comments: