Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Next Comic Title from Obsidian Studios is...




This is a character that I have had floating in my head for the last year or two. Inspired by the detective movies of the 1930's and 40's, as well as their beautiful sirens such as Audrey Hepburn, Ava Gardner and Sophia Loren, I decided that I wanted to create a pulp noir fiction comic where the main character was a strong witty female lead. The name of the character is named after two women in my life. One being my beautiful wife, and the other who is sort of like a sister to me.

Currently, the script is in the writing phase and I will be writing the story and collaborating with other writers in the hopes of creating a good story that will keep you guys attention. Hopefully I will be able to be ahead of schedule a bit with White Ninja Guy so that I can make a nice sized buffer for the Black Dame and the schedule will be uninterrupted for a few months. The plan for this web comic is to have a nice mix of action, comedy, and story to make a unique and compelling adventure.

The web comic will be a one-shot issue and will begin to be online starting September of 2010. The day of the week where there will be updates weekly has yet to be decided. But when it is, I will let you know. The end of the issue will be in March, and will be available in print in April 2011 and premiering at WonderCon in San Francisco. Up until the release of the comic online, every art order, or product order from Obsidian Studios will come with this promotion print. The unique thing about this book, is that the new and current Moonwatchers (Obsidian Studios Fans) will be able to let me know if they want to see this story move forward and become a full graphic novel. But it will not go forward if it is not demanded by the Moonwatchers! This is your chance to be part of our creative process and have a voice.

In the next few weeks there will be more information regarding the Black Dame, as well as some artwork involving the creation of the character to wet your appetites. In the meantime Moonwatchers, tell me what you guys think! Can't wait to hear from you!

Talk to you soon,
Ian W.

No comments: