Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Things Happening as well as a Great Cause!

So Moonwatchers, a lot of things have been happening with me. First on a personal level, I finally got a job for the first time in a year and a half. I have to say that not working for that long has taken a toll. But I will be okay I am sure. I am happy that I finally have a job, so there are no complaints here.

As far as Obsidian Studios is concerned, I want everyone to welcome a brand new writer to the Obsidian crew, named Ricky Burnett! He will be the main writer assisting and collaborating with me on the sci-fi/adventure tenetively titled The Seven. We both are going to be communicating and working really hard to get this book off the ground and hoping to have the first issue of the 8 part mini series ready for WonderCon 2011. The White Ninja Guy webcomic hasn't been updated in a few weeks, and that is solely because the book has been in the process of being completed, and put together to be sent to the printer. The final thing we need to do before that is do a new cover which will replace the bland, current cover. But be assured that White Ninja Guy will return soon. We just have a lot on our plates now, and since I now have a job, things may go a bit slower, but hopefully will still go according to plan.

The last thing I wanted to speak on was the involvement of Obsidian Studios with a non-profit organization called House of Imagination. This organization is being run by Alexandria & Gabriel Lamont and is based in Oregon. Their goal is to raise money to build the House of Imagination by means of the $1 Dollar Project, which will help them reach their goals. I encourage you all to take a look at the website, and find out more about what they are doing, as it is so AMAZING! And also it is too much to say in words. Right now too in order to help us out, go and buy the White Ninja Guy comic that I put out over on my ETSY page. ALL PROCEEDS from my ETSY sales will go to this non-profit, and I encourage you all to contribute some artwork, or craft goods, or whatever you can to get this thing off the ground. I guarantee you will be amazed at what these people are trying to put together. You can also visit their blog as well at http://officialhouseofimagination.blogspot.com/. I knew that I had to be a part of it. $1 is not a lot of money at all, so please lets get this dream going, and help out the Lamonts!

With that said ladies and gents, I will speak with you all later!

Ian W.
Obsidian Studios

No comments: